With the increase in incredible breakouts of modern technology, online retail or e-commerce business is growing at a terrific speed. With the progression of the digital world, mobile phones, social media as well as online retail platforms, it becomes very critical for e-commerce businesses to understand, adapt and lead in the rigorous competition of the global market. As 2018 is coming to an end, businesses around the world are now looking forward to trends in e-commerce business in 2019. The two most important factors which need to be taken into account is the technological development and consumer behavior.
Let’s start how e-commerce business in 2019 would look like:
- AR & VR Technology: A trending technology in various noted brands like IKEA, Samsung, and Amazon, among many others which help the customers view and try the products on their devices to help them ease their decision-making process to buy. This technology surely brings a real customer experience for online retail businesses like cosmetics, furniture, and clothes. Many retailers are already developing AR & VR technologies for their e-commerce business in 2019 to stay ahead in the market.
- Voice Technology: In a recent survey, it was noted that 41% of the customers searched, selected, and purchased their products in the year 2017 through voice. The number is slightly to increase to 50% in 2020. It is indeed very crucial to incorporate voice technology into your online business so that you are not left behind in the competitiveness of the e-commerce business in 2019.
- Modern Delivery System: Another considerable scope of e-commerce business in 2019 is the transformation of delivery services. Brands are now using subscription-based delivery which will allow them to deliver within one or 2 days and enhance the customer experience considerably. With the aid of modern technology, it will become easier to manage and operate the online retail smoothly even with a high sale volume.
- Customer-Friendly Mobile Checkout: Many brands do have a checkout, but it requires the purchaser to register prior to purchasing. This results them to abandon the checkout and purchase from another website which has a comfortable checkout. With the increase in the number of mobile users, it is imperative to optimize mobile experience for the users and refrain from complicated checkout. You can develop a one-page checkout process which requires to fill necessary customer information without mandating them to register to the website.
- Modern Interactive Chatbots: Chatbots are already in trend nowadays but a modern chatbot integrated with AI, will be more interactive which will help enhance the shopper’s experience tremendously. These AI incorporated chatbots interact like a human under different scenarios while having the customer’s insight at hand. Interactive Chatbots are one of the essential game changers for e-commerce business in 2019.
- Automated Customer Service: Customer Service is a vital part of any business if they want to delight their customers immensely. It has been noted that 42% of the customers continue to buy from the brands after a delightful experience. Moreover, 52% of unsatisfied shoppers do not return to the stores they purchase from. This data is enough to understand the importance of customer service. You can replace your manual customer support to a technology-driven bot for intriguing customer support.
- Customized User Experience: Amazon already developed personalized experience for their shoppers which helps them to shop more and stay in the marketplace for a longer time. E-commerce stores can now build a more customized experience for their users by gaining insights from their wishlists, search items, as well as their shopping behavior. It is also important to note that more than 45% of the customers tend to purchase from stores which provide them with product recommendations.
Conclusion: It is crucial for online retailers to understand that by incorporating above trends into their business, they will not only be preparing ahead of time to continue their growth but also stay ahead in the market. Though including the latest technologies in your e-commerce business might be stressful, but it is indeed fruitful which will help build your brand’s rapport as well as capture your customer’s attention while generating revenue. These trends are absolutely the game-changers for e-commerce business in 2019.
Sellryt is the leading e-commerce virtual assistant service provider to e-commerce businesses worldwide with their expertise and utmost perfection of delivering the projects. Contact for an e-commerce consultation right away and lead the market progressively.