Amazon is a competitive platform with more than a million sellers. Every seller in this marketplace is trying to bring their products in front of their customers. In this fierce competition, it is definitely not an easy task to rank on top of the Amazon search results, but it is not impossible. You can implement Amazon SEO or utilize Pay-Per-Click and Amazon Marketing Services and sell like a boss.
The main objective of this blog is to let you know the power of Amazon marketing, how it can help you achieve your sales target and give your business a new edge. Amazon Pay-Per-Click is one of the most important tactics which one can leverage while selling on this marketplace. It is crucial to understand how an expert in Amazon AMS brings the product to the shoppers’ eye.
Amazon enables the sellers/brands to advertise their products in three ways:
- Sponsored Ads (Keyword Targeted)
- Headline Search Ads (Keyword Targeted)
- Product Display Ads (ASIN or Browsing Node Targeted)
Let us now understand how one can start Pay-Per-Click Campaigns for Amazon Marketing like an expert:
- Product Research: Once you decide to start a PPC campaign, it is important to know which of your products are selling more in number. You cannot risk to include under-selling products which won’t convert, instead, create a list of those products which are easily sellable, and can get high ROI. Now, don’t start worrying about low-selling products because campaigns for those products would be created by using the data from these campaigns after understanding consumer behavior.
- Competitor Audit: You cannot sell your products until and unless you know who your competitors are, how they are selling, their pricing and their products. Once you get an idea about your competitors, it is time to write down how your products are different from them to have a competitive edge for your Amazon marketing strategy.
- Keyword research: You cannot, I repeat, cannot go wrong with keyword research. Keywords can either make or break your Amazon marketing campaign. Utilize free or premium tools which can give you high-searched volume keywords, in other words, keywords most searched by the buyers. Isn’t it a psychological trick? You are knowing in advance what your potential customers will search, and then showing them your products. It is definitely a win-win situation.
- Product Classification: Before starting Amazon PPC campaign, classify your products depending on its type. It will be easier to initiate the pay-per-click campaign in ad groups. It will also be easier for you to analyze the campaign reports to identify which kind of your products are performing well in the market.
- Bid on Keywords: You already researched the high-volume keywords, now it is the time to bid on them. You can determine the value for the keywords in the keyword tool itself which gives you an idea on how much to bid for a particular keyword to generate the most return on your investment. Now, there are three kinds of keyword match to bid on:
- Broad – Ads will appear if a buyer searches with targeted keywords in any order
- Phrase – Ads will appear if a buyer searches with other terms before or after the targeted keywords
- Exact – Ads will appear only if a buyer searches with exact targeted keywords
Depending on your Amazon marketing strategy, you can choose which type of keywords you would like to include in your PPC campaign.
- Calculate daily budget: You can calculate your daily budget which you would like to spend in a day. You have to make sure that your advertising cost of sales (ACoS) does not exceed the sales target; otherwise, it will not be fruitful, and you will end up spending more than your returns.
- Optimize ad: Once your Amazon PPC campaign is up and running, you have to examine which keywords are performing well and which are not. Once you get an idea about the performing keywords or the ‘Golden Keywords,’ you can optimize your Amazon marketing campaign accordingly by adding negative keywords, increasing the bids or decreasing the bids, optimizing listing with proper images and content, and thereby increase your number of conversions.
We at Sellryt aim to provide our skilled Amazon/e-commerce experts to e-commerce businesses worldwide. Our experts are certified online marketing professionals who do not only increase your sales but build a brand so that you can thrive in this globally competitive market. Hire our Amazon PPC/AMS experts right away and give your Amazon marketing strategy a boost.