As a retailer on Amazon, few opportunities are as golden as Amazon Prime Day for seeing a surge in the conversion, and subsequently, the total sales figure. Since its inception in 2015, the event has been cited as one that has drastically altered the profit chart for brands across a plethora of products and services.
Although Amazon is yet to announce the D-day for 2022, it is typically held in the summer months, which means, there is precious little time to lose in initiating your prep if you hope to gain for your brand the much-awaited traction required for it to skyrocket.
Why Should You As a Seller Pay Attention To Amazon Prime Day?
To bring things to a clearer perspective on how Amazon Prime Day may help you grow, here are some interesting facts and figures about the past Prime Days:
- Over 200 million people signed up for an Amazon Prime membership during the event. ( Source: Forbes)
- 64% of surveyed consumers say they plan to shop on Amazon during Prime Day. (Source: Infogram)
- In 2020, Prime Day sales reached an estimated 10.4 billion U.S. dollars worldwide, making it the most successful shopping occasion in Amazon history (Source: Statista)
However, more than just being a “limited-time deals” event, here are three significant ways in which Prime Day can help your brand in achieving a boost.
- As a seller, Prime Day creates the perfect reason and opportunity to engage with your shoppers before, during, and even after the event is over.
- Prime Day assists in the sale of non-Prime Day products as about 66% of items see a lift in traffic during this time compared to average sales prior to the event.
- It helps attract shoppers who are new to the brand, owing to the wide-scale promotion and engagement that takes place during this time.
How Should You Prepare to Maximize Your Sales?
Keeping a well-formed approach in mind towards the affair definitely helps. Having said that, however, we must also keep in mind that each year’s event is different from the preceding ones, and as such, each year brings with it a necessity of planning and strategizing differently.
While the real dates are still unknown, at this point, the dates/deadlines that we do know are:
- Deal submissions are to be done by April 29, 2022.
- Shipments to fulfillment centers are scheduled before June 20, 2022.
If this is any indication, the actual event can’t be that far behind, and here are some ways to build your game plan for this year’s Prime Day:
Every year, Amazon promotes Prime Day sales through intense advertising and live-streamed concerts watched by millions of people. As a seller, adopting the same policy will showcase your brand and products better. Here are a few types of advertising we recommend for maximum conversion –
- Amazon Sponsored Ads – For shoppers looking for a particular set of products within your category, Sponsored Ads work wonders by engaging them with your brand.
- Display Ads – These can help increase visibility for specific product deals and your overarching brand, helping in building your audience base for Prime Day.
- Sponsored Brands – Brands that link Sponsored Brands to their Store instead of individual product pages tend to see a 22% RoAS increase, and thus, are a great way to drive shoppers to your Store and push sales.
Running out of stock during Amazon Prime Day Sales is not something that any seller wants should happen to them. It will affect your rankings and sales, and decrease your brand’s performance in a window when the chances of actual conversions are statistically much higher. To avoid that scenario, evaluate your Amazon FBA (Fulfillment by Amazon) inventory ahead of time. Besides, having a sorted, broad inventory will help you get noticed by Amazon as someone with more value to offer to the consumers.
Optimizing product listings plays a significant role in increasing sales and conversion rates for sellers. To perfect your listings for this Prime Day, pay special attention to:
- Images: High-quality, stellar images adhering to Amazon’s standards capture the attention of buyers and positively impact your CTR.
- Title and Description: A clear, concise copy with descriptions well suited for mobile visibility always helps. Make sure to utilize the character count given by Amazon to its fullest.
- Keywords: Bid higher and include popular keywords similar to the search terms of your target audience to increase the visibility of your product. You can also identify new keywords by running additional PPC campaigns.
- Backend search terms: Add relevant search terms without repeating the keywords from your listings to increase the chances of your product showing up in similar search queries.
Product Discounts /Deals
Amazon is flooded with offers during Prime Day. One surefire way of grabbing your intended customers’ attention and giving your sales momentum is to have lightning deals run for a short span of time. You can also put out deals for multiple products at competitive prices.
However, if you are a new seller, we would advise you to build a reputation for yourself first and refrain from submitting lighting deals before you establish yourself in the realm.
Utilize Free Resources
One killer combination to ramp up your traffic is to merge SEO with free advertising strategies on social media sites and even Amazon itself. Some popular methods include:
- Amazon Live: To boost the traffic on the event day, run Amazon Live on products that you want to highlight.
- Amazon Posts: Amazon Posts are an easy way of using refurbished social media content without incurring extra costs. The ads show up on product detail pages, in your feed, and in the feed of related products effortlessly.
- Social Media: Utilize your social media channels such as Facebook and Instagram to build a solid audience base to whom you may highlight the promotions you offer
Optimize Your PPC Campaigns
Optimizing Amazon PPC campaigns is an important step in your Prime Day preparation. Here is a list of the PPC strategies that you need to keep in mind:
- Manual campaigns to maximize the search visibility of keywords that drive the most ROI.
- Automatic campaigns to find the latest keyword trends and negative keywords.
- Grouped keywords based on their purpose and customers’ choice to make it easy to understand the audience and track campaigns.
- Tracking Search terms reports regularly for better conversions.
If you are new, growing your brand, or introducing a product in a saturated market, scope out your competitor brands and identify the differences in your approach, listings, and deals. Bridge the gap that exists to generate more sales. Additionally, identify the competitor brands with high search volume that sell products similar to yours and track their keywords to target the ASINs with Amazon sponsored ads.
Having a well-thought-out plan is half the battle won right then and there. With effective research and strategic resource allocation, it is absolutely possible to make the most out of this grand Amazon event. However, as a seller with different facets of the business occupying your mind, the plausibility of arranging so much in so little time is scant, and the whole ordeal may feel daunting, to say the least.
If you are unsure about how to go on with preparing yourself for Amazon Prime Day, or if you are looking for experienced professionals to reap better benefits, we, at Sellryt – an Amazon PPC Agency and Advertising Partner, will be more than happy to help you out. Reach out to us and drop an email at our official email address to kickstart your growth into horizons that have never been reached before!